Heart Doctor in St Louis, MO
If you are worried about your heart health, then Apollo Cardiology is the perfect option for receiving a check-up from an experienced and friendly cardiologist in St Louis, MO. Dr. Twyman’s team can help you reach all of your heart health goals throughout the year. We are located at 7733 Forsyth Blvd, 11th floor, St Louis, MO 63105. For more details call us now!
Longevity and wellness in life come from good health and happiness. At Apollo Cardiology, we can help in a big way: with your heart health. Maintaining your heart health is essential, and really, vital for your overall health, so read on to learn all about what you can do for your heart health and how our office can help. We’re your local cardiology office for heart health in St Louis, MO.
What are the signs of an unhealthy heart?
You might be experiencing some of the signs of an unhealthy heart, but you’re just unaware of them or thinking they must just be signs of simple stress. It can be hard to tell, but here are a few of the more obvious signs of an unhealthy heart, as well as some of symptoms that may surprise you:
- Chest/shoulder pain on the left side or near/in the heart area
- Sleeping problems like snoring, sleep apnea, or insomnia
- Breathing difficulty, shortness of breath, fatigue, dizziness, and/or lightheadedness
- Heartbeat that’s irregular
- Legs and feet that are puffy
- Coughing persistently
- Cold sweats that come on randomly
- Gum disease, or gums/a jaw that is sore
- Sexual dysfunction like erectile dysfunction
If you or a loved one is experiencing any of the issues above, then you may want to have them checked out by a cardiologist, as they may indeed be signs of an unhealthy heart. However, serious symptoms like sudden and severe chest pain require emergency care at the ER (emergency room).
How can you improve your heart health? Which foods are good for the heart?
There are a number of things you can do for your heart health, but remember, if you’re experiencing the signs of poor heart health, you’ll want to have them checked out. To improve your heart health, here’s what’s suggested by most healthcare professionals:
- Eat a seasonally appropriate diet with optimal protein and healthy fat intake
- Be active and exercise with a goal of 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week
- Sleep at least 7-8 hours each and every night
- Stop smoking, if applicable
- Check your weight regularly and maintain a healthy weight and body composition
- Manage stress with meditation, mindfulness, yoga, socializing, etc.
- Get your blood pressure checked regularly (we can help with this at our office)
- Find out if you’re at risk of diabetes (we can also help with this)
Additionally, it’s a good idea to get family and professional help with these things. Moral support can help an awful lot, and so can the guidance of a professional like a cardiologist. We have this type of professional here at Apollo Cardiology.
Can you help me with my heart health in St Louis, MO?
At Apollo Cardiology, our cardiologist, Dr. Michael Twyman, sees many patients like you from the St Louis MO area. As a cardiologist, he is focused on preventing and managing issues with the heart like heart disease. He can order advanced blood work and imaging tests to help you learn about the health of your heart. He can help you come up with lifestyle changes and a plan for better heart health.
If you believe as we do that you could benefit from the doctor’s services, then contact our office today for a consultation with Dr. Twyman. Apollo Cardiology is located at 7733 Forsyth Blvd (Pierre Laclede Building) 11th Floor St Louis, MO 63105, and you can reach us at (314) 635-9028. We look forward to hearing from you soon!